Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mother & Daughter

I use to love the three shopping seasons of the year,summer,winter and the start of the school year..My mum, sister and I would would go on off to the mall and it would begin...Me, finding everything so exciting and cool and my sister fighting with my mum because she hated shopping and couldn't find anything she liked(she is still the same, I have to go with her when we see each other..)My mum was the best at helping me and telling me how great I looked..Sadly she passed away last year and I wont get to do that again..But we did get one last shopping trip in when she came over from England 2 years ago..We were in Venice Beach where my sister lives and went down to main street and hit all the little boutiques it was so much fun..I remember it like it was yesterday..We always had the best time trying to find things that were different and fabulous..
The reason I was reflecting on this was...
This weekend in my store I had three sets of mums and daughters come in and shop and it brought back those memories of how much fun it is to shop with your mum..And it also was refreshing to see three totally different young ladies want to know what their mums thought of the clothes they were trying on and wanting their input and advice and enjoying themselves.. And realizing that we don't spend enough time with our mums or daughters..
So next month I'm going to do a mum and daughter shopping evening at my store with drinks ,cheese and crackers, and of course cupcakes..Take their picture and just have some fun for a few hours...If it is a success, I think I will do it on a regular basis..What a perfect way to spend a couple of hours with your mum or daughter, well unless you are my sister!!

No comments:

Post a Comment